assignment help 9741.
1. Explain the different Biological functions of Proteins.
2. What are the monomers that make up proteins? What type of bond connects them?
3. Describe the structure of an amino acid. How many are there and how do they differ?
4. What are some of the different properties associated with amino acid side chains?
5. What types of reactions make polypeptides? Break them down?
6. Explain the different levels of protein structure and how they contribute to the shape of the protein. What are the shapes associated with secondary structure?
7. What occurs when a protein is denatured? What environmental conditions result in proteins being denatured?
8. Briefly explain the role of proteins in catalysis (enzymatic function)
9. What are the Biological functions of Lipids?
10. What are the three most important types of lipids found in cells?
11. How do fatty acids differ?
12. Explain chemically and functionally the difference between saturated and unsaturated fats.
13. What is structurally different between a phospholipid and a triglyceride?
14. What are the different roles for phospholipids?
15. How would saturated vs unsaturated fats impact the function of membranes?
16. What are the different functions of Sterols? What are some of the different molecules that are made from cholesterol as a precursor?