1091. Week 5: Deliverables and Critical Success Factors (CSF) Purpose The process of project management has five phases: (1) design and initiation, which you just completed; (2) finalizing your plan before implementation, which you will do now; (3) implementation; (4) monitor and control; and finally, (5) evaluation and lessons learned, as well as knowledge transfer. During Phase 2 (finalizing the project plan), you will continue to create the tools and documents you will need when you implement your project as the project manager in Phase 3. Week 4: Communications Plan Week 5: Deliverables and Critical Success Factors (CSFs) Week 6: Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Gantt Chart Week 7: Risk Management and Human Resource Management Plans It is important for a project manager to know and track every deliverable as well as the critical success factors (CSF). Always remember to plan, plan, and plan again. Making sure that you have identified and listed every deliverable and defined the CSFs is time well spent. The time you spend thinking and discussing can be classified as scientific or technological exploration or investigation. Each deliverable must be known and discussed in the scope document. These are critical to identify in order to move forward with the project plan and ensure a successful project. If a deliverable is overlooked and left out, the project will be considered a failure. The deliverables are related to the work of the project. It is through the project activities that the deliverables are completed or developed. A deliverable could be something that was completed (if it was a service performed) or developed (if it was a new software package). No matter what the deliverable is, there is work associated with the development. In order for you to proceed with your WBSs and completion milestones, you must know what needs to be done. Review and re-review to glean every deliverable. This is why it is important to reflect on all of the deliverables at this point in the management of your project. The CSFs are those characteristics or attributes that are essential for your project to succeed. According to Sipes, “these are the key areas where things must go right in order for the project to succeed” (pp. 8687). Examples of how to complete the forms can be found in the course textbook, Project Management for the Advanced Practice Nurse, p. 86, Tables 4.7 and 4.8. Review your project documents and analyze your data to determine your CSFs. Be sure to include metrics. If metrics are not included, you will not be able to measure or evaluate your project in Phase 5. What is the scope of your project, and how will you collect the required data? Work with your mentor to complete the document as an appendix attached to the professional paper. It is always better to have more input rather than less. Discuss and seek consensus with your mentor on the deliverables and CSFs for your project. To assist you, there are a document you will use and attach as an appendix to the paper you submit, as well as a sample of the document in Course Resources. Course Outcomes This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcome (CO): CO 1: Apply leadership skills concepts of project management as a nurse executive in an organizational setting to develop, implement and evaluate successful project plans. (PO 4,5) Due Date: Sunday at 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 5 Students are given the opportunity to request an extension on assignments for emergent situations. Supporting documentation must be submitted to the assigned faculty. If the student’s request is not approved, the assignment is graded and a late penalty is applied as follows: Monday = 10% of total possible point reduction Tuesday = 20% of total possible point reduction Wednesday = 30% of total possible point reduction If the student’s request is approved, the student will be informed of the revised due date. Should the student fail to meet the revised due date, the assignment is graded and a late penalty is applied as follows: Monday = 10% of total possible point reduction Tuesday = 20% of total possible point reduction Wednesday = 30% of total possible point reduction Total Points Possible: 50 Requirements Complete the deliverables and CSF document. Attach the document as an appendix to a professionally written paper explaining what you are doing. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, references, and citations must be consistent with formal academic writing and APA format as expressed in the current edition of the APA manual. Preparing the Assignment All project deliverables must be identified and listed on the Deliverables and CSF document. All CSFs must be identified and listed on the Deliverables and CSF document. Metrics must be included. Ideas and information from professional sources must be cited correctly using the current edition of the APA manual. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, references, and citations must be consistent with formal academic writing.